Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scary Childbirth Class

Wednesday night was my 3rd childbirth class. This one covered medical interventions and pain killers. The scary part was in the video - I didn't think they would actually show a c-section, an epidural, an episiotomy... While I have read about all of the different types of intervention and drugs, it is entirely different watching them. After that we were shown the tools that could be used in our deliveries, including what forceps look like and a vacuum suction device. Yikes!

Last weekend and this weekend have been very productive. Garen has been out of town and I have taken the opportunity to reorganize half of the house. He won't be able to find a thing when he gets home. I also made sheets for the bassinet (they don't sell the right size for out bassinet!), and started seedlings for a landscaping project Garen and I are planning to do this spring. I sanded the shelf Garen made and restained it. When Garen comes home he will polyurethane it - I'd do it myself, but its fumes are bad for pregnant women. I guess the "nesting" instinct has set in. As soon as the shelf is finished and up the nursery will be done and I can take and post pictures!

Friday night my sister-in-law Heather gave birth to a baby girl, Ava Rhylee. I can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her cousin Lucas. I'll post a picture of her when I get one.

As of today, I am 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Lucas is still heads-up. Bending over is getting much more difficult. It hasn't been easy for a long time, but now it is actually a bit painful! If only I weren't clumsy....dropping things is something I'm very good at. Wednesday is my next doctor's appointment. Then I will start going every week for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. It is so weird to think that within a month, I'm going to be a mom!

No comments: